Dyer Park Open
Please be aware that CDC mask usage and social distancing guidelines are in effect until further notice at Dyer Park.
To contact us by email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our weather page to see the current conditions at our flying field
We are a group of RC aviation hobbyists. Our AMA/FAA members are of all ages and levels of expertise. On any day you can watch model airplanes, gliders, helicopters and drones. We can help you get a successful start in the hobby by providing advice and flight training instructors so you can learn with support from our experienced pilots. The club has several trainer planes to allow you to try some hands-on flying before you get your own plane.
Our flying field is located in Dyer Park. Our Club, through membership dues and generous donations provide a paved runway, a grass runway, a separate heli/drone area, 6 gas engine run-up areas, 12 covered workbenches and 8 covered picnic tables with a great view.
Our flying site is in a multi-use county park and to be a good neighbor to the other users, please be aware of these field rules and fly safely:
- Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) membership REQUIRED and marked on the exterior of all model RC aircraft. http://www.modelaircraft.org This also is REQUIRED by the County Parks.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) registration REQUIRED and marked on the exterior of all model RC aircraft. http://www.faa.gov
- No flying over the Turnpike (west of the treeline).
- No flying over the golf course to the north.
- No flying over the shelters and parking area.